Tuesday, July 14, 2009

GOOGLE MALINA SAVAL AND SEE WHAT YOU GET




I was Googling myself this evening which, for those who've yet to discover, is an excellent way to NOT Google exes, and I came across the following photos. All of them punctuate particular moments in the genesis of this book and I thought I'd post them as a sort of time line. One is the author photo I decided not to go with in favor of the one currently on the book (must give props to the photog, Paul Mindell), another is a shot of me on Tavis Smiley and the third is an illustration from my original LA Weekly article upon which the book is based. I love this rendering of "The Indie Fuck"--drawn by the incredibly talented Jillian Tamaki--because her interpretation of this character ("Indie" later appears in the book version) is so spot-on it's scary. And brilliant. I just absolutely love it. I feel that this artistic interpretation conveys such a keen understanding of the subject matter and what the article--and later book--is about. I think those of you who like the book should also go back and read the original feature story ( http://www.laweekly.com/2006-01-19/news/the-secret-lives-of-boys/ ) because there are boys there that don't appear in the book version and are quite compelling characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home